Free or Reduced Cost Home Assessment
The Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program offers free or reduced-cost home energy assessments, also referred to as an energy audit, to income-eligible owners of 1- to 4- unit residential buildings*. A participating Building Performance Institute (BPI) Accredited Home Performance Contractor, like CNY Home Tech Services will provide a home assessment to identify energy saving opportunities.
To qualify for a free or reduced-cost home energy assessment you must:
- Own the 1- to 4- unit residential buildings;
- Have a total household income at or below 200 percent (free) - 400 percent (reduced cost) of Area Median Income (AMI) [PDF]
- Have not previously received a free/reduced cost assessment; and
- Provide a summary of the annual electric and heating usage for the building (a utility bill that lists annual usage and/or a 12-24 month summary from an oil, propane, or other heating fuel vendor).
General terms and conditions:
- Free or reduced-cost assessments are available on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are fully committed;
- Audits must be performed by a participating BPI Accredited Home Performance Contractor in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program;
- The maximum assessment reimbursement amount is subject to verification of the building type (1-4 residential units) and total conditioned square footage above grade by the participating BPI Accredited contractor performing the energy audit
- The audit reservation number is only valid for ninety (90) days;
- The audit reservation number is only valid for one assessment; and,
- One free or reduced cost residential energy assessment per eligible building owner.
Customers may choose to opt out of the free and reduced cost audits. Customers who choose to opt out will be required to provide a written statement to the contractor that they choose to proceed without a free or reduced cost energy audit. A customer that opts out and pays a market rate for the assessment and comprehensive modeling will remain eligible for the Green Jobs - Green New York financing and the High Efficiency Measure Incentive.
* Financing, energy audits, and workforce development opportunities made available through the Green Jobs - Green NY Act of 2009.
©2009 CNY Home Tech Services, 5524 West Main Street, Verona, NY 13478
Tel: 315-363-4043 • Email: email@example.com